It seems that DSpace DOES create RSS feeds for some communities, but not
all. One Community that hold more than 40 000 records gives me internal
system error and another one with no collections at all does the same.
Im wondering if the number of items are causing this?

-Mika

 >>I am using the latest version. All other RSS feeds appear ok but
 >>community wide feeds give me Internal System error.

On dpsace.log I have:

java.io.IOException: Invalid rss_1.0 feed, missing channel description
         at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.FeedServlet.doDSGet(FeedServlet.java:259)
         at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet.processRequest(DSpaceServlet.java:151)
         at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet.doGet(DSpaceServlet.java:99)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
         at
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
         at
         at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)
         at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
         at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:767)
         at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:697)
         at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:889)
         at
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

 > On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 02:50:10PM +0300, Mika Stenberg wrote:
 >> DSpace doesnt seem to provide RSS feeds for communities, but only
for collections - is this a feature or a bug? I think community wide RSS
would be very useful in trying to keep up with new submissions on
specific subjects.