Hi!
Using Compuware QAload testing tool, our dspace instance (1.4.1 on windows
2003) was tested on our test server ( 1GB ram, 300 GB HD, with around 100,000
items)
Tests were performed to see the support for concurrent access to the dspace
instance. It appears like like for 100 current users, 21 users failed. Is there
any way to support concurrent access and
what could be the hardware requirements for the same.
thanks,
Jayan

Test 1 (All pass (100 users): combination of submit, first page and search)
------
Submit: 10 users
First page : 50 users
Search : 40 users

Test 2 (50 users total - 26 fail, 24 pass) - CPU 100%
------
Submit: 50 users
Error Uploading File - Internal System Error

For Test 3, 4, 5 steps followed by concurrent users are
----------------
accessing http://dspace.ntu.edu.sg/
sleep <http://dspace.ntu.edu.sg/sleep>  180s
accessing Communities\r\n& Collections
sleep 240s
accessing "Fifth Collection"
sleep 240s
accessing "Click on Titles for search"
sleep 240s
click on doc "Access to Information and Participant in"
sleep 60s
click on doc "Open/View"

Test 3 (30 users all pass)
-----
Whole search process
(Timing in attached file DSpace-test1_08202007_121051.bmp)

Test 4 (60 users : 4 errors)
------
whole search process
- Internal System Error" was received
- Link option LINK, value "Fifth Collection" not found. The anchor tag was not
found in the HTML document

Test 5 (100 users: 21 errors)
------