Hi Steve,

> Can anyone help with this? I¹ve found that, since we moved from Solaris to
> Linux (RHEL), we are unable to search using words with non-ascii characters in
> them.
>
> E. g. the name ³Mühlhäusler² in simple search returns no results.
>
> The URL produced by the search is
>
> http://digital.library.adelaide.edu.au/dspace/simple-search?query=M%C3%83%C2%B
> Chlh%C3%83%C2%A4usler
>
> Can anyone offer advice on how to fix this? It is rather embarrassing not
> being able to search non-english words.

Looking at the headers from your server, it says the server is apache 2, so
I am guessing you are using mod_jk?

If so, have you got the following option set?

JkOptions +ForwardURIEscaped

If not, it will likely fix your problem.

Cheers,

Stuart

Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Cymru Aberystwyth       University of Wales Aberystwyth

            E-bost / E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860