Hello,

I have encountered an situation where a author may have different types of writing his name. Sometimes the name is not complete on the publication and other times he only uses the first and the last name.

Imagine this case:
John Grant Wood
John G. Wood
John Wood

Despite of all these three names belonging to the same person, I cannot insert this as author in Dspace, because search by author would show 3 different persons.

So, as author, I will always use it's full name, but users may want to do a search like "John Wood", and this obviously will fail.  I would like to add this (let's call it) "author publication name",  as a metadata, but I would also like to keep the dublin_core schema.

Does dublin_core predicts this situation?  I would really like to keep the actual schema in pure dulin_core to avoid future interoperability issues between dspace instances.

Thanks
Marcelo