From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of George Kozak
Sent: Wed 10/3/2007 6:41 AM
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Dspace-tech] Problem viewing PDFs with Firefox

Hi...

I can't recall if this has been mentioned on the list, but we (at
Cornell) have found a problem with our users viewing PDF's larger
that 6MB from DSpace if they are using Firefox.

For instance, the following item http://hdl.handle.net/1813/3900 has
a PDF that is 6.4MB.  If you try to view it with IE, it's fine.  If
you try to view it with Firefox, you get the message: "The file is
damaged and could not be repaired".  I am not sure where the
breakpoint is, but I know that other PDFs less than 6MB can be viewed.

George Kozak
Coordinator
Web Development and Management
Digital Media Group