Hi Roopal,

could you provide more details, check your logs at
[dspace-installation]/log.

Are you sure you that your mail-server settings are correct?
Especially the smtp server. Please check your dspace.cfg for these settings:
# SMTP mail server
mail.server=YourSMTPServer

# SMTP mail server authentication username and password (if required)
# mail.server.username = myusername
# mail.server.password = mypassword

# SMTP mail server alternate port (defaults to 25)
# mail.server.port = 25

hope that helps

Claudia Jürgen
University of Dortmund