On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 18:44 -0700, pavan krishnamurthy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to setup DSpace with MYSQL as database. I saw the patch
> which was given in the mailing list. Now i am confused how to use the
> file
>
> 1) naming_patch.txt
> 2) database_schema.sql
>
> people who have succesfully installed with MYSQL can u please throw
> some light on how to go about it.

Hi Pavan,

I should point out first of all that the MySQL patch is pretty much
unsupported and quite untested - it's provided to get feedback and maybe
encourage a few people to support it.

That said, the two files are fairly straightforward -
database_schema.sql is a replacement for the schema provided for
Postgres, and should be used to prepare your database tables.

The naming_patch.txt is a patch file that should be applied against the
1.4.x source, and corrects the casing of the tables in the SQL queries
(as MySQL is case sensitive by default on *nix), and also add a couple
of small compatibility changes to the database manager.

You will also need to add the MySQL JDBC jar to the lib directory, and
set up your db.url and db.driver entries in dspace.cfg appropriately.

This email has been scanned by Postini.
For more information please visit http://www.postini.com