Dorothea Salo wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> If I can divert a tiny bit of attention from the testathon... I'm
> trying to make author names on item-display pages clickable. The URL
> pattern for this is "browse-author-items?author=" plus the author's
> URL-encoded name -- which is the problem, as there doesn't seem to be
> any easy XSLT way to get URL encoding for a string.
>
> Ideas? Or should I not worry about the encoding and just let the browser
> worry?
>
> Dorothea

Hmmm... actually it appears there is an easy way if you are using xslt 2
- but you are probably working with Xalan and won't be.

Don't know what the practicalities are of switching to use Saxon-B 9,
that could be a possibility.

However, you appear to be using a rather young Manakin - with the browse
code that's been merged into 1.5, those urls no longer exist. It's now
something like "browse?type=author&value="

This email has been scanned by Postini.
For more information please visit http://www.postini.com