Hi Mark,

I'm using Google Analytics for a few days now, and your mail came in handy! I wasn't aware of that option to identify a search query.

So, yesterday, I've activated the "Site Search", and added as a query the word "query", that is the name of the input box.

So, on yesterday's report, I was able to see all the search strings that were made! And we can also see where was the origin request made. Since every community/collection has a search box, this method is excellent to understand where the search request was made. If it was on simple or advanced search, or if it was inside a collection.

So, the item is "query" and it's the only one i use. But i only have a one day experience with this Site Search, and i don't know if there's another query parameters to configure. Does anyone else has any experience to share with us?

  Marcelo Rodrigues

Hi,

Has anyone out there who's using Google Analytics on their DSpace  instances tried setting up the site search tracking (from within the  Content section) and if so what are the Query Parameters that need  to be entered to set it all up please?

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Merifield
Open Repository Project Manager