Ying,

To be honest, your code & configuration all look correct.  I'm not sure
offhand what the problem could be, unless for some reason DSpace or
Manakin isn't able to find the custom class you created.

Are you getting any errors in any of the following logs when you click
on the "submission" button?

DSpace log @ [dspace]/log/dspace.log
Tomcat logs @ [tomcat]/logs/
Manakin logs @ [tomcat]/webapps/dspace-xmlui/WEB-INF/logs/

If Manakin/DSpace is hanging, it's highly likely it's erroring out
somewhere along the way.

- Tim