Sorry, this was probibly a bit short-sighted a response, I went and tested it and the line numbers get reordered between submissions... its difficult to merge.

What I might recommend is to get a list of all tables and sequences effected in a group deletion and do the following.

1.) get the previous dump prior to the deletion, restore it to a new db on a different machine
2.) dump only those tables and sequences to a sql dump file.
3.) restore those tables and sequences on a new copy of the existing database
4.) test this, verify that it works and doesn't break anything.
5.) take your production system offline and back it up
6.) preform the task on your production system
7.) bring the production system online and test.

I believe the tables/sequences will be:

SEQUENCE epersongroup_seq;
SEQUENCE resourcepolicy_seq;
SEQUENCE epersongroup2eperson_seq;
SEQUENCE epersongroup2workspaceitem_seq;
SEQUENCE group2group_seq;
SEQUENCE group2groupcache_seq;

TABLE EPersonGroup
TABLE Group2Group
TABLE Group2GroupCache
TABLE ResourcePolicy
TABLE EPersonGroup2EPerson
TABLE epersongroup2workspaceitem

I'm 100% sure about this list, some may be important, some may not. Hopefully you've not made changes to these tables since the "incident"...

-Mark