Ying,

The advanced search component could be nice to have it configurable...
in the sense that it follows the jspui i.e. listening to the index
configuration. It could also be more configurable to make it easier
for themes to add new indexs and field types.

However right now I am not aware of anyone working on this project.

Scott--