From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Claudia Jürgen
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:26 PM
To: John Preston
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Moving a collection from one community to another

Hi John,

at the moment the easiest way is to do it straight on the database.
Make sure you got a dump of your db.
Assuming you are running postgres with default db-schema it would be:

update community2collection set community_id=NewCommunityID where
community_id=OldCommunityID and collection_id=YourCollectionID;

Then run [dspace]/bin/index-all to build the indices.

E.g. You want to move Collection 34 from Community 3 to Community 7

update community2collection set community_id=7 where community_id=3 and
collection_id=34;

hope that helps

Claudia