Certainly it would be good to not recommend placing it in
[tomcat]/conf/context.xml, since that file supplies common
configuration for all webapp.s and would conflict with any need to run
two instances of XMLUI with different configurations.  Yes, I have two
distinctly-configured production XMLUI instances running in one Tomcat
instance.  I'd suggest that the only information in that file be
things on which all of your webapp.s need to agree.

The way I do it is, alas, also Tomcat-specific:  place it in a context
descriptor in [tomcat]/conf/Catalina/[host]/[contextpath].xml

It's really unfortunate that there doesn't seem to be a
standard-conforming way to pass per-instance configuration data into a
webapp at startup time, instead of tinkering with the interior of the
app. at build time for each distinct configuration.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Typically when a software vendor says that a product is "intuitive" he