Andreas,

There is unfortunately no Configurable Submission patch available that
will work with 1.4.2 and Manakin 1.1a.  The main reason for this is that
the Configurable Submission has since been accepted as part of the
DSpace 1.5 release.

I'd highly recommend you wait for DSpace 1.5 (projected release date:
March 24), if you want DSpace + Manakin + Configurable Submission.  The
Configurable Submission code in 1.5 contains a number of bug fixes and
is much more stable than any of the old "patches".  Not only that, there
have also been several Manakin fixes in DSpace 1.5.

You'll notice that patch (SF #1691345) you referenced actually says that
it should be considered "alpha level code".  That was the first patch
generated for Manakin, and I would recommend against trying to run it in
a Production environment.

Let me know if you have any questions on this!

- Tim

Andreas Geyrecker wrote:
> we are running DSpace 1.4.2 and Manakin 1.1a. We tried to apply the
> configurable submission patch /(SF patch #1691345) /but failed. It seems
> that the patch is not working with Manakin 1.1a! Is there a patch
> available which works with Manakin 1.1a?
>
> Thanks,
> --Andi

Tim Donohue
Research Programmer, Illinois Digital Environment for
Access to Learning and Scholarship (IDEALS)
135 Grainger Engineering Library

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web:   http://www.ideals.uiuc.edu
phone: (217) 333-4648