Hi Karen,

> Hello - I have just finished building Dspace 1.5 on ubuntu server 7.10 and all
> appears to be working nicely except for when I try to upload a file I get an
> Internal System Error and when I look in the logs (tomcat or dspace) there is
> nothing.  I am having trouble with email from this server (awaiting a final
> config), but thought that there might be some other places to chase down the
> error messages?  (upload directory and assetstore are empty as well).

Does whatever user Tomcat is running as, have read and write access to the
upload and assetstore directories?

Thanks,

Stuart

Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Aberystwyth                      Aberystwyth University

            E-bost / E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860