Robin Taylor wrote:
> Hi Mika,
>
> For what it is worth, we currently run 5 Dspace instances in the same Tomcat
> without any problems. Using Tomcat manager allows us to stop/start/deploy
> one instance without affecting the others.

2 servers - each with dual core pentiums 2.4Ghz, 8GB ram, mirrored 160GB
hdds for the system.

Both servers connected to a 2TB SATA SAN array. OCFS2 filesystem.

One Tomcat instance on each server. Each Tomcat hosting 24 DSpace instances.

Tomcat is tracking roughly 10,000 concurrent sessions across all
instances (depending on time of day).

Servers are run as live/standby (so all the traffic is being served by
only one machine at a time).

And these things have never skipped a beat ;)

This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the
original intended recipient. BioMed Central Limited does not accept liability
for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly
made on behalf of BioMed Central Limited. No contracts may be concluded on
behalf of BioMed Central Limited by means of e-mail communication. BioMed
Central Limited Registered in England and Wales with registered number 3680030
Registered Office Middlesex House, 34-42 Cleveland Street, London W1T 4LB
This email has been scanned by Postini.
For more information please visit http://www.postini.com