Elo! The Dark Lord from Redmont stroke again!

Thanks so much Dorothea, that makes perfect sense. The best example of
"not a bug but a feature" that I have seen so far!

I replaced all that gunk with the proper UTF characters in the database
and the problem is indeed solved.

Thanks again. I was indeed totally looking the wrong way!

~maike