> Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:38:39 +0200
> From: Robert Roggenbuck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [Dspace-tech] Including a handle for the German national
>       library
>
> Hi all,
>
> recently we decided to set up our OA-Repository using DSpace.
> Now I have a question regarding special German circumstances: Is it
> possible to replace the "CNRI Handle"-mechanism by a "DNB-URN"?

We have been working on a similar issue here. I assume you mean that you
want a permanent link to the Deutsche Bibliothek's own naming repository
rather than using handle.net?

We have been able to do that by making changes in DSpace 1.5 to
HandleManager.java and writing some custom code to interface to our own
naming repository. It's a bit ugly, but not as bad as some people have
made it out to be. I could send you a copy of what we have done if you
are interested.

--
Gary McGath
Digital Library Software Engineer