Hi all. I'm trying to install DSpace 1.4.2 on my system for a trial run,
but I'm a Mac person, not a Windows person, and I am totally lost in the
instructions, and my IT department has bluntly refused to help. Since no
one in the library knows either, I'm turning to you guys as pretty much
my last option.

I've installed postgres and the other prereq software, and I've gotten
to the "Update Paths" part of the install, but, while I know where to
find them, I don't know what a path is, or what I'm supposed to change
them to.

Could someone please either explain, or point me to an explanation, in
layman's terms, of how to install this software?

Thanks,

Paul Jordan
Digital Archivist
Occidental College