Hello,

I've experienced some problems with the Statistics Add-On. The
installation process was fairly straight, also thansk to the wiki
instructions. But once installed the server started responding very
slowly, and after two days even activities such as browsing and
accessing the items resulted in an Internal Error. The RAM was alwasy
monopolized by Postgres, and even restarting application was only a
temporary  solution.  Moreover I discovered a 10GB Postgres log , caused
by a continuos warning about a missing library, geoip.dat. The Add-On
expects this library to be in the standard  dpspace.dir path (/dspace),
without using the actual one set in dpace.cfg, and I've still not found
any information about how to set it.

Anyway, even putting the library in the standard path and having
therefore the warning issue solved,  it would be very useful to have
some some feedback before trying to reinstall the AddOn again and having
the same problem.

Of the Dspace installations with this Add-On, how many of you have
experienced a similar problem?

Probably this could be only an hardware issue and for running the
Statistics Add-On there is need for a more performing machine. If it's
like this then probably it would be very usueful to add some some server
requirements in the wiki page.

Rick

------
Riccardo Fazio
CASPUR - settore automazione biblioteche -
tel: 0039 0644486084
add: Via dei Tizii 6/b,  Roma
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]