Hello:

Our server is going down in performance, and we are notice that the top
command out's  is the postgres server the problem.

I've looking for and find the 'pg_stat_activity' table with many rows
like :
16385 | dspace  |    3443 |       10 | dspace  | <IDLE> in
transaction           | f
and the 'ps -ef' the same thing:
dspace    3432  2905  0 12:01 ?        00:00:00 postgres: dspace dspace
localhost.localdomain(32835) idle in transaction

or without 'in transaction' at the end of the line.

Is this normal?
There's be somethig we can do?

There's normal?

Thanks in advance