Hi,

        I don´t now if somebody is really reading this list, but I try to ask
again. I hope someday somebody can respond to me.

        This installation is very difficult to me, perhaps because the
documentation is written thinking in an linux operating system with a
Postgres database. But this is not my case: Sparc, Solaris 10 and Oracle.

        Now I arrive to the 7 point in the installation instructions, and I
find a new error. When I execute

                ant fres_install

        the new error that arise is:
      [java] 2008-07-04 13:37:25,750 INFO
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.InitializeDatabase @ Initializing Database
      [java] 2008-07-04 13:37:26,391 FATAL
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.InitializeDatabase @ Caught exception:
      [java] java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with
the following error:
      [java] ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service
requested in connect descriptor
      [java] The Connection descriptor used by the client was:
      [java] //machine.subdom.dom:1711/database

        The database is up and the connections test are ok.

        Somebody knows what is happening?

        Thanks in advance.

        Marisa.