Since we're not public yet there's only local test traffic on our
installation. We've found that after a period of inactivity (first thing
in the morning, for example) the system is unresponsive. The browser's
progress bar spins and after anywhere from five to twenty minutes the page
will come up. After that first page the system behaves normally. Using
Manakin, both the /jspui and the /xmlui sides showed the same problem, but
independently -- one might hang while the other didn't, or sometimes
neither would respond.

As an experiment I wrote a Perl script that requested each front page (the
/xmlui and the /jspui) every five minutes. With that running for a few
days, the system remained responsive all the time. When I turned it off,
the problem returned.

We're running 1.5 with Oracle on VMWare. That's more than enough in the
way of complications, I know -- but does anyone have any thoughts on where
to look next?