DSpacers,

It's a funny thing, the DSpace Batch Import Format (of which there are
two) are not documented anywhere other than looking at the source
code. We've run across the situation where a department has some
content to put into the repository and the resources to create a batch
import, but just don't know how to do it. To solve this problem, we've
created a simple hand out to provide to a programmer or technical
person in another department or group when they want to develop their
own batch import script. While it doesn't cover the advanced topics,
like registering bitstreams etc, nor dose it go over the package
importer, it should solve the problem for the vast majority of cases
where someone needs to create a batch import.

I thought this might be useful to others out there, the only other
resource on creating batch imports I was able to find is Dorothea's
blog: http://cavlec.yarinareth.net/2008/01/07/the-dspace-batch-
importer/.

Here is our handout:
https://www.tdl.org/documents/DSpaceBatchImportFormat.pdf