Stuart Lewis [sdl] wrote:

Hi,

> We are using DSpace 1.4.2; We are facing this problem on a RHEL box.
>
> 2008-08-12 15:33:33,847 INFO org.dspace.eperson*.*PasswordAuthentication @ > anonymous:session_id=86F90023214655DE8C1AA34B81B2B2B5:ip_addr=10.10.3.205:auth
> enticate:attempting
> password auth of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  2008-08-12 15:33:33,852 INFO
> org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.PasswordServlet @
> anonymous:session_id=86F90023214655DE8C1AA34B81B2B2B5:*ip_addr=10.10.3.205:fai
> led_login:[EMAIL PROTECTED],
> result=4*

The subject of your email suggests that you are wanting to use LDAP to
authenticate your users?

If this is the case it looks like you might not have set it up correctly as
DSpace is still trying to authenticate using its own in-built password
system.

To enable LDAP, do the following in [dspace]/config/dspace.cfg:

 - Set 'ldap.enable' to 'true'
 - Set LDAP as the authentication method:
   - plugin.sequence.org.dspace.eperson.AuthenticationMethod = \
        org.dspace.eperson.LDAPAuthentication
 - Set all your LDAP parameters to your local server settings
 - Restart tomcat

> Also, *how to reflect new changes made to any Java file, before
> rebuilding the dspace.war*?

Re-run ant, as follows:

 - ant -D[dspace]/config/dspace.cfg update

Thanks,

Hi STuart,

Thanks a lot for ur solution. Even after changing the Authentication method, we are not able to get into our LDAP; We *do not have 'object_context' in our LDAP settings*, but this is a requirement in Dspace LDAP settings;
SO how to go customize it now?

[ In our LDAP server, we have [ l= dc=vijayanagar,cn=Locations,dc=jsw,dc=in ]

We tried this setting ldap.object_context = ou=people,dc=vijayanagar,cn=Locations,dc=jsw,dc=in; even this did not work;

ANy idea??

Stuart

Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Aberystwyth                      Aberystwyth University

            E-bost / E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860
*DISCLAIMER STATEMENT*

" Save a tree..... don't print this email or any documents unless you really
need to!!!!"

*Confidentiality Warning : This e-mail and any files transmitted along with it
are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, re-transmission, conversion to hard copy,
copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately by return e-mail, and destroy the original message along
with all copies of the same and any attachments, from your system.

Virus Warning:  Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure
no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility
for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachment."*