Hi,

I just found a surprising bug while configuring the two "News" of the
main page. We have a DSpace 1.5 (jspui) installation with English and
German GUI. There are two possibilities to configure the "News": 1. the
news-side*.html and news-top*.html in the config directory, and 2. the
administration area of the GUI.

Now my case: I edited the German text from the GUI. Then I switched to
the English GUI to set up the translation. The fields were already
filled with the German texts (!). And after changing them, the German
texts in the German GUI are gone. Looking in the config directory I saw
that only the files news-side.html and news-top.html were affected and
news-side_de.html and news-top_de.html were still old (= the original
versions from the language pack).

This means: Even when I edit the "News" from the German GUI, the English
files are written (and displayed)!

Does anyone have an idea how to debug this?

Greetings

Robert