Thanks on the info Flemion,

~ I can see that that views are created in DB.
~ For instance the view.

collectionitemsbysubject

with de definition:

~ SELECT collection2item.collection_id,
itemsbysubject.items_by_subject_id, itemsbysubject.item_id,
itemsbysubject.subject, itemsbysubject.sort_subject
~   FROM itemsbysubject, collection2item
~  WHERE itemsbysubject.item_id = collection2item.item_id;

And table itemsbysubject is empty.

I've noticed that this table doesn't have a primary key, and PgAdmin
returns this info:

"Edit table data without primary key
Since the table public.itemsbysubject doesn't have a primary key or
OIDs, you can view the data only. Inserting new rows and changing
existing rows isn't possible for the Edit Data tool without primary key.
In order to edit data, pgAdmin III requires a primary key on the table,
which is a good database design practice anyway. Alternatively, the
table can be created WITH OIDS. Please note that oids are not guaranteed
to be unique over a very long period of time, so using oids as kind-of
primary key is only second choice."

the migration script that i used was the following:

I've run the database_schema_14-15.sql script.

~ Any ideias ???

Flemion Shafeeq wrote:
| Hi Rui,
| The problem might be you might have not set permission in the database
| for creating views.If this is set and the views are created, u can run
| indexing and everything will be fine.
| rgds
| Flemion.
| OIS,
| Harvard University Library.
|
| At 04:00 PM 8/29/2008 +0100, Rui Ramos wrote:
|
| ~ Hi *,
|
| ~ I was migrating from Dspace 1.4 to 1.5.0
| ~ I followed all the steps in the documentation.
|
| ~ I manage to start the new version.
| ~ Search works fine but when i browse by subject
| ~ date title or author.
| ~  I get no documents :(
|
| ~ If i look the database the views are empty because
| ~ the tables for instance itemsbysubject are also empty
|
| ~ I've run  index-init and index-update
|
| -bash-3.1$ ./index-update
| Creating browse index
| Creating search index
|
| Shouldn't this tables be filled ? or i'm a missing something ?

challenge
prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world

- --
Rui Ramos
Universidade do Porto - IRICUP
Praça Gomes Teixeira, 4099-002 Porto, Portugal
email: rramos[at]reit.up.pt
phone: +351 22 040 8164