From: Keith Gilbertson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 2 September 2008 11:53 PM
To: Gary Browne
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] TIFF images skipped in filter-media

Gary,

We had a similar issue here.  I think that the problem was that we had
installed a 32-bit version of the JAI Image I/O tools on a machine with
a 64-bit architecture.  Not sure, but in any case, when we installed the
64-bit version of the Image IO tools (for us, from the file
jai_imageio-1_1-lib-linux-amd64.tar.gz ), everything started working.

I'm not sure what would be causing the problem in your case.  Is it
possible that something has changed on your machine recently?  Is there
a new version of Java installed that might not have the Image IO tools
installed?