Hi all

It's great how everything in DSpace 1.5 is maintained within the source
code directory, makes support so much easier. Only thing is, there are
exceptions. I just had a complaint (well, a query) from my repository
manager that the sidebar news that he changed had reverted to the
previous version. This happened after I had done a rebuild and deploy.
So I made some changes to the sidebar news from the GUI (JSP) and sure
enough, the changes are written to [dspace]/config/news-side.html,
rather than [dspace-source]/dspace/config/news-side.html. The
news-top.html seems to suffer the same fate ie: everytime I rebuild, the
news html pages in the install directory are overwritten with those from
the source directory (as they should be).

Would be great if this behaviour could be changed to reflect the general
ideology of maintaining changes within the source - unless I'm mistaken
about this ideology? I guess currently DSpace has no way of knowing
where your source code is? Maybe it could be db driven? I'm happy to
look at the code myself if anyone thinks this is worthwhile.

Thanks
Gary

Gary Browne
Development Programmer