Hi Jewel

The other consideration relates to the port 8080 part of your URL. If
you want to get rid of this then you need to have your Apache HTTPD
server use something like mod_proxy_ajp to redirect (configurably) port
80 requests to port 8080 (I think that's what it does in my simple terms
- hey, I'm no sys admin). A sample setup would be (in
$APACHE_HTTPD_HOME/conf.d/proxy_ajp.conf):

LoadModule proxy_ajp_module modules/mod_proxy_ajp.so

ProxyPass       /things/you/don't/want/redirected    !
ProxyPass       /       ajp://localhost:8009/
ProxyPassReverse        /       ajp://localhost:8009/

(8009 is the AJP connector port).

The other thing we do slightly differently is redirect tomcat's ROOT
webapp to dspace using a symlink:

ln -s /tomcat/home/webapps/ROOT /your/dspace/installation/webapps/jspui

Obviously, replace "jspui" with "xmlui" if you are using the manakin
interface.

I hope this is of some assistance.

Kind regards
Gary