Dear all,

It is with great pleasure that the DSpace committer group would like to
announce the latest addition to the group: Mark H. Wood.

Mark will be known by many for his work with DSpace which started back in
2003, and his presence, knowledge and helpfulness on these email lists.
Please join me in welcoming Mark to the committer group!

A bit about Mark:

Me:  I'm 51 years old and have lived all of it in central or southern
Indiana, US.  I earned a BS in Computer Technology from Purdue
University at IUPUI in Indianapolis, but never left -- I work there
now.  I thought I would study electronic engineering until I bought a
book about FORTRAN on a whim.  I'm married and have two children aged
18 and 20.  I try to keep my superiors from noticing that they're
paying me to do something I'd do anyway.  I can't bear to part with
old machinery as long as it's still capable of useful work.  I spent
about 15 years in the campus' IT department running mainframes, PC
servers, routers, and email systems, then transferred to one of our
client divisions, originally to maintain servers and desktops.

My job:  I work at Indiana University - Purdue University
Indianapolis, which grew out of the IU and Purdue extension campuses
here in the 1960s.  Administratively, IUPUI is part of the IU
statewide system.  I'm attached to University Library, and these days
my primary responsibility is our various DSpaces, together with our
Open Journal Systems instance and just about anything else in the
online document repository line.  In addition to IUPUI's IR, online
archives, and a specialty repository of foundation literature, we are
partnered with the Center for Governmental studies to operate
PolicyArchive.  I do both software development and system
administration, plus a little developer support for other team
members.

Best wishes,

Stuart