Andew,
If I remember correctly, DSpace 2.0 should not be dependent on
database software, so you can use whatever DB you like. Maybe the
developers can comment on this as well? Running DSpace on MySQL
interests us as well, since configuring and managing postgres seems
much more complicated than MySQL.

Thanks,
Mika