The quick answer to that is that it depends on both your local
organization's goals and resident skills.  If you plan to do lots of
interface redesign and add custom functionality, then the XMLUI is the
right choice. However, it requires more advanced in-house skills (Java,
XML, XSLT, CSS), whereas the  JSPUI can still be put up rather quickly.