Hi,
     Thanks for your quick reply. I have few more doubts regarding
postgresql. Actually i have installed Postgresql 8.1.3. But recently i have
noticed that Postgresql 7.3 is already present in my system. I think RedHat
9 defaulty gives postgresql 7.3. I have uploaded some articles Through UI in
Dspace. Now, am unable to understand that which version of postgresql is
Dspace using? Its whether postgresql 7.3 or Postgresql 8.1?

       When i used the commands "*which psql*" , "*which pg_dump*". I got
the following output:

*/usr/bin/psql*
*/usr/bin/pg_dump*

I have also used the commands  "*pg_dump --version*" & "*psql --version*". I
got the following output:

*pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 7.3.2*
*psql (PostgreSQL) 7.3.2*

Please help me.