From: Shane Beers [mailto:sbe...@gmu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:48 PM
To: dspace-tech Tech
Subject: [Dspace-tech] Bug (?) opening a PDF in IR via firefox

I'm going to guess this is related to the default functionality of how
firefox opens PDFs, but I'll ask here anyway. The collection admin for
a particular section of our IR wrote me saying that she was getting an
error opening a PDF from the IR. She would get the error "The file is
damaged and could not be repaired" from Adobe Acrobat. If she right
clicked and saved as... to her computer and opened it it was fine. It
also opened fine from IE. My guess is that Acrobat is trying to open
the file before it has actually completed downloading. The file is
27mb, so that could potentially be the issue.

It works fine from my mac and firefox browser, however.

Is this a problem anyone else has run into? If so, is it something
that can be "fixed" from DSpace's end?

Thanks.

Shane Beers
Digital Repository Services Librarian