This method in "org.dspace.app.webui.util.Authentocate.java" is responsible
for logging out the user:
    /**
     * Log the user out
     *
     * @param context
     *            DSpace context
     * @param request
     *            HTTP request
     */
    public static void loggedOut(Context context, HttpServletRequest
request)
    {

        context.setCurrentUser(null);
        request.removeAttribute("dspace.current.user");
        session.removeAttribute("dspace.current.user.id");
    }
You may want to add a "session.invalidate()" also, after calling
"session.removeAttribute("dspace.current.user.id");".

-VK

On 2/19/09, Van der Westhuizen, Ansie <watki...@unisa.ac.za> wrote:

> This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer.
> Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
> ------------------------------
>
>  Dear all
>

> We are working on DSpace 1.4.2  and are experiencing problems with logging
> out from MyDSpace. Although the system indicates that a user is "logged out"
> it doesn't seem to really log one out. If another person logs in on the same
> PC, the previous user's user id still displays on some of the screens.
>

> Is anyone else out there having a similar problem and could you help us
> with a solution please?
>

> Thank you
>

> *Ansie van der Westhuizen*
>
> Non-commercial Digital Developer
>
> IR Content Management: Collection Development
>
> Unisa Library
>
> PO Box 392
>
> Unisa
>
> 0003
>
> Phone: +27 12 429 3426
>
> Fax: +27 12 429 2925
>
> [image: unisargb(hires)_s]

> Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San Francisco,
> CA
> Enterprise
> participation
> -Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source code:
> SFAD
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H

<<image001.gif>>