I assume 3.75 lac is 3.75 million records?  I would be storing the
content of the assetstore on a seperate NAS or SAN solution and the
database and/or webapps on the same or seperate server solution (i.e.
storage NAS + Database Server + Web Server).  I would also suggest
using 1.5.1 rather than 1.4.2 as it has specific performance
improvements to the search and browse indexes.

Unfortunately, this is not an area that the DSpace community has done
a decent job summarizing.  If you search in the dspace-tech list, you
will find numerous responses to what community members are running.
It would be a great project for someone out there to summarize the
results in this email search.

http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=dspace-tech%40lists.sourceforge.net&q=hardware

Cheers,
Mark

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 8:07 PM, Ayesha Khatoon <ayesha....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Professionals,
>
> We are creating a Digital Online Repository on Indian Cultural Heritage.
> We have approx 3.75 lac digital records of 50 Terabytes in size, in the form
> of text, image, audio, video and using Fedora Core 4 and dspace-1.4.2.
> Kindly suggest an ideal configuration (hardware) for the server.
>
> Thanking You
>

> --
> Ayesha Khatoon
> Project Trainee
> Digital Library
> Kala Nidhi Division
> Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts(IGNCA)
> (An Autonomous body under Ministry of Culture. Govt. of India)
> 5 Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi-1
> http://www.drtc.isibang.ac.in/~ayesha

Mark R. Diggory
Home Page: http://purl.org/net/mdiggory/homepage