Hi Gerson:

We had the same problem, and the solution applies to French, Spanish,
Portuguese, etc.
You have to modify org.dspace.search.DSAnalyzer.java and add the
ISOLatin1AccentFilter class, as Marie-Hélène Vézina already wrote.

Check these links out:
http://www.nabble.com/searching-issues--for-Spanish-tt20233999.html#a20236237
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=OF4B516F3E.67A8755D-ONC1257005.003D3697-C1257005.003DF771%40upc.es&forum_name=dspace-tech

Regards,