Yes, thank you, this was what was generating the error. I was trying to use
the item handle instead of the collection one.

However, now that I¹ve got past that, I¹m getting this error:
java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
    at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
    at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:850)
    at edu.sdsc.grid.io.local.LocalFile.createNewFile(LocalFile.java:481)
    at
org.dspace.storage.bitstore.BitstreamStorageManager.store(BitstreamStorageMa
nager.java:325)
    at org.dspace.content.Bitstream.create(Bitstream.java:184)
    at org.dspace.content.Bundle.createBitstream(Bundle.java:355)
    at
org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.processContentFileEntry(ItemImport.java
:1045)
    at
org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.processContentsFile(ItemImport.java:972
)
    at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.addItem(ItemImport.java:609)
    at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.addItems(ItemImport.java:476)
    at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.main(ItemImport.java:385)
java.io.IOException: No such file or directory

I¹ve tried uploading a smaller subset (the full batch has over 800 files),
and it keeps stopping three or four bitstreams in (a different one each
time). Any ideas?

Thanks,

--
Karen S