Haha I definitely just had one of those moments where I had to slap myself in the forehead for not noticing that. Thanks for pointing that out! 8)

-Sarah Ryder
Web Development
Hampshire College
413.559.5477

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Claudia Jürgen wrote:

Hi Sarah,

you got the source file wrong. The source file must contain one directory per item to be imported. Try

mkdir /tmp/testimport/item01
cp /tmp/dva0001/* /tmp/testimport/item01

then run
dsrun org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport
-a -e sj...@hampshire.edu -collection=1 -s /tmp/testimport -mapfile /tmp/testimport_map.txt

Hope that helps

Claudia Jürgen

Sarah Ryder schrieb:
Hi folks

I'm running 1.5.1 on a Debian server and I'm attempting to run a batch import (just w/ 1 item and 4 files at the moment to test). I'm running the following command: dsrun org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport --add --eperson=sj...@hampshire.edu --collection=1 --source=/tmp/dva0001 --mapfile=/tmp/dva0001_map.txt

and nothing seems to be happening at all. There are no errors.. as the script runs the output looks normal and a map file is generated but the map file
is empty and there is no entry in the item database.

The /tmp/dva0001 directory contains a contents file which lists all 4 of the jpg files that are also in the directory (1 per line) and a dublin_core.xml
file which is in the standard format of:
<dublin_core>
</dublin_core>

I'm thinking the problem may be due to some customizations in the metadata registry. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

-Sarah Ryder
Web Development
Hampshire College