I am importing a large collection that was exported for us from
another DSpace repository. To remove their handle and other
institution-specific metadata, I am running the dspace_migrate
function on the exported data. However, it is proving INCREDIBLY
frustrating, because I routinely am getting:

ERROR: filesize for /dspace/incoming-docs/exp-090414/401-500//439/
dublin_core.xml is 0

randomly during the process. Anywhere from 2 to 200 will process just
fine, and then that error will take place. I will then have to delete
the temporary dublin_core.xml, rename the dublin_core.xml.orig file to
dublin_core.xml, move the successfully processed files somewhere else,
and cross my fingers that it will work the next time.

For over 1000 items, this is INCREDIBLY tedious and just seems like it
shouldn't be happening. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!
Shane

--
Shane Beers