I have DSpace 1.5.1 successfully implemented on our Test machine and I am
preparing to move it to Production, where we already have 1.4.2 implemented.
My question is:

            What is the best way to get your /dspace directory correctly
upgraded in Production?  It seems to me that I've been unclear on this in
previous releases and have had problems as a result.  My confusion arises from
the following factors:
1.                   The directory/file structure in DSpace 1.5.1 under /dspace
is different:
a.       /jsp directory resides under /dspace in 1.4.2; no /jsp directory in
1.5.1
b.       The /bin directory never got overlaid when you recompiled the
application in 1.4.2;  in 1.5.1, the /bin directory gets rebuilt from
/dspace-source/dspace/bin every time you reassemble/recompile the application
c.       /assetstore resides under /dspace in 1.4.2 and 1.5.1, however I do NOT
want to copy over my test (1.5.1) /assetstore over my prod (1.4.2) assetstore
b/c I only have a subset of data in Test
2.                   When I first started our 1.5.1 implementation in Test, I
copied everything under /dspace/bin in 1.4.2 to /dspace-source/dspace/bin;
however we have added new files and modified some old files in /dspace/bin in
1.4.2 since then - very confusing as to which /dspace/bin files are the
"correct" ones

The documentation for upgrading from 1.4.2 to 1.5.1 does not specifically
address this issue.

I would appreciate any comments and/or recommendations from anyone, especially
those who have upgraded from 1.4.2 to 1.5.1 and may have faced some of these
exact issues.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Sue

Sue Walker-Thornton
ConITS Contract
NASA Langley Research Center
Integrated Library Systems Application & Database Administrator
130 Research Drive
Hampton, VA  23666
Office: (757) 224-4074
Fax:    (757) 224-4001