Hi,
at the moment the answer is yes, you need to re-index all your contents,
as far as I know there is no possibility to update a lucene doc
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-917dd4fc904aa20a34ebd23eb321125bdca1dea2

the only tips that I can suggest is to run only the piece of the
index-init script related to lucene
./dsrun org.dspace.search.DSIndexer -b
these because you don't need to rebuild the browse system tables
Hope this help,
Andrea

Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[RAYTHEON TECHNICAL SERVICES COMPANY] ha
scritto:

> Hi,
>
>      Can anyone tell me if it is necessary to run “index-init” again
> if I’m just adding a new index to the Advanced search, or is there an
> option where I can just build the new index without having to rebuild
> **all** of the indexes?  We have just implemented DSpace 1.5.1 in
> Production and our index-init has been running since Friday afternoon
> @ 3:00 p.m. and has only indexed a bit over half of our documents (we
> have approximately 243,000 records in our repository and still have
> lots to import).  I’d hate to have to rerun the whole thing again.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Sue
>

> **Sue Walker-Thornton**
>
> **ConITS Contract***
> ***NASA Langley Research Center***
> ***Integrated Library Systems Application & Database Administrator**
>
> **130 Research Drive**
>
> **Hampton, VA  23666**
>
> **Office: (757) 224-4074***
> ***Fax:    (757) 224-4001***
> ***Pager: (757) 988-2547**** **
> **Email:**** **/*/ /*//*/susan.m.thorn...@nasa.gov/*/
> <mailto:susan.m.thorn...@nasa.gov>

> Check out the new simplified licensing option that enables
> unlimited royalty-free distribution of the report engine
> for externally facing server and web deployment.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/businessobjects

Dott. Andrea Bollini
Project Manager, IT Architect & Systems Integrator
Sezione Servizi per le Biblioteche e l'Editoria Elettronica
CILEA, http://www.cilea.it
tel. +39 06-59292853
cel. +39 348-8277525

---

Disclaimer: the content of this email is confidential and may be privileged,
and it must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. If you
have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it
from your system. The content of this email does not constitute legal advice,
nor any responsibility is accepted for loss or damage incurred as a result of
acting upon its contents or attachments.
The statements and opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and
do not necessarily reflect those of the employer.