Hello everybody,
  again it is me Dr Ahmad Al-Zubi dspace project manager at King Saud
University
sorry for resending the same messege, but I really need your assistance in
this issue,
I have tried all possible options but people still can not log with their
usernames, please see the attached file containing dspace.cfg
and see if I'm assigning unproper values. our version of Dspace is  151.

  Our ldap directory contains users with their CN and under user's CN there
  are attributes(sAMAccountName, mailNickNamme,sn,pwd, mailadress,....)
  Our ldap tree contains users like,

 DN (CN = Ahmad Ali Al-Zubi,OU=Regular Users,OU=KSU-USERS,DC=KSU,DC=LOCAL)
  Attribute: mailaddress [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Attribute: sAMAccountName=aalzubi
  Attribute: mailNickname=aalzubi
  Attribute: givenname = ( ......................... )
  Attribute: ........

when i am trying to setup the LDAP authentication the olny way it works,
   is giving in dspace.cfg in LDAP authentications settings,
  ldap.id_field = cn

  so on in dsapce login page i have to write in the field
  Username
  or Email address:Ahmad Ali Al-Zubi
as you see this the full name (display name) and I want people to sign in
with their usernames not full name (sAMAccountName, or mailNickName)
 (the full cn, with email or uid it doesnt works.)

  How can i define ldap.id_field in order to do authentication using
username or
  mailladrees(attributes of every user's CN).

  I would be very gratefull if you could help me.

--
Best Regards

Dr Ahmad Al-Zubi
KSU Repository Project Manager