DSpace Community,

I've been working on a fairly in-depth (Manakin) redesign for a DSpace instance and am having trouble when displaying simple or full item records. On those two page types, additional information is embedded within the "head" section of the html code in the form of "link" and "meta" tags. The "<" and ">" symbols that open and close the link/meta tags are showing up within the source as "&gt;", "&lt;". The source seems to be from the "buildHead" template within the "structural.xsl" stylesheet. Near the bottom of that template is the following code:

            <!-- Head metadata in item pages -->
<xsl:if test="/dri:document/dri:meta/dri:pageMeta/ dri:metada...@element='xhtml_head_item']"> <xsl:value-of select="/dri:document/dri:meta/ dri:pageMeta/dri:metada...@element='xhtml_head_item']"
                              disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
            </xsl:if>

My understanding is that the disable-output-escaping attribute should be preventing this behavior, resolving those entities as the actual symbols rather than representative counterparts. For some reason they are being translated as entities rather than being taken as literals. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very much obliged.

Many Thanks!

 - Patrick E.

---
Patrick K. Étienne
Systems Analyst
Digital Library Development
Library and Information Center
Georgia Institute of Technology
email: patrick.etie...@library.gatech.edu
phone: 404.385.8121

"Mediocre Writers Borrow; Great Writers Steal" - T.S. Eliot