Hi Joan,

SWORD is designed to be a machine to machine interface, so there is not
a lot see from your browser. The one URL that should work for you is:

http://www.your-dspace.com/sword/servicedocument

Your browser should prompt you for a username and password. Enter a
valid DSpace account username and password from your DSpace instance.
You will be returned a page of xml - a SWORD (atom) service document.
This will contain information about the DSpace collections that the user
is allowed to deposit into. It will also list the deposit URLs for
performing the deposits. If you try to visit one of these deposit URLs
in your browser then you will only receive an error message as the URLs
are expecting to receive packages rather than requests from a browser.

Hope that helps,

Stuart Lewis
IT Innovations Analyst and Developer
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928
http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/