From: William Hays [mailto:wh...@mit.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:16 PM
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Creative Commons problem - not returning to DSpace

I contacted Nathan at CreateCommons with this new license issue.  As a
result of a recent code change at their end, clicking the CC License
button  results in the wrong webpage displaying.  He expects a fix very
shortly.

He writes:

I don't think this is related to the bug Graham reported, but it's
most likely related to
http://labs.creativecommons.org/2009/07/21/license-engine-path-changes/
(obviously).  It looks like the problem is that you're using POST for
the submission; the fact that we supported POST at all was something
of a, well, bug, I guess.  At the very least it wasn't something we
had a test for since our examples were primarily GETs.  So
unfortunately when we moved the license chooser, the redirect handler
doesn't pass along the POST payload.

I've opened an issue in our tracker
(http://code.creativecommons.org/issues/issue420) to fix this on our
end.  We don't want to break our existing deployments this way and I
suspect this may be impacting other DSpace deployments as well.  I'll
see about getting that updated and rolled out this afternoon.

--
William Hays