From: Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[RAYTHEON TECHNICAL SERVICES COMPANY]
[mailto:susan.m.thorn...@nasa.gov]
Sent: Thursday, 6 August 2009 9:31 a.m.
To: DSpace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Smail, James W. (LARC-B702)[RAYTHEON TECHNICAL SERVICES COMPANY]
Subject: [Dspace-tech] Strange Search results

A User emailed me and told me he was getting some incorrect search results in
DSpace 1.5.1.  Here is the advanced search he did:

Title = propeller

Along with documents where the title contained the word “propeller”, he also
got lots of documents where the title contained the word “propellant”.  I tried
it and got the same results.  I also tried looking for “propeller NOT
propellant” and then got *no* results.

I thought maybe Lucene was cutting off the “er” and/or “ant”, but couldn’t find
this anywhere in the documentation.  Does anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks,

Sue

Sue Walker-Thornton

ConITS Contract
NASA Langley Research Center
Integrated Library Systems Application & Database Administrator

130 Research Drive

Hampton, VA  23666

Office: (757) 224-4074
Fax:    (757) 224-4001