To whom it may be of interest:

we recently had cause to develop a tool for internal use, to generate a
DSpace (1.5.x) batch importer structure from a spreadsheet an associated
files. This has helped facilitate batch deposit by people who otherwise
would have lacked the technical prowess to generate the correct importer
structure. Now, instead, they can produce a spreadsheet that describes the
items they want to deposit.

Given how popular this tool has turned out to be, we decided to share it
with the DSpace community, in case it might prove useful:

http://tools.dspace.cam.ac.uk/metadatamapper/

Best regards,

--
Tom De Mulder <td...@cam.ac.uk> - Cambridge University Computing Service
+44 1223 3 31843 - New Museums Site, Pembroke Street, Cambridge CB2 3QH